Monday, December 1, 2008

The Thanksgiving Edition

In honor the Thanksgiving holiday, I've come up with the top 10 things I'm most thankful for this year. I know, the post seems obligatory and a little trite, but since this year is truly a year that I've got so many things to be grateful for, I can't help it.

Top 10 Things I'm Thankful For
  1. Pie. I'm not going to lie, I know it's sad that pie is taking spot #1, but I can't tell you the joy that a nice slice of pie has brought into my life. When people ask me what I've been craving, I can finally tell them that without a doubt, I crave pie. During my pregnancy but NOT INCLUDING THIS WEEK, I've gone through a French Silk pie, a Pumpkin Pie and a slice of Pecan pie. During the week of Thanksgiving, I obviously ate my fair share of pie, again, Pumpkin, Pecan and just to mix it up a little bit, Chocolate Pecan Cheesecake pie.

  2. My parents. I can't help it -- Greg and Connie (aka Mom and Dad) give me the warm and fuzzies all over. It was so great to spend a few days at home with them. They are so excited for Ben and I, and just head over heels for little Baby E already, that I can't help but feel I won the lottery in terms of parents.

  3. Our financial stability. When the whole world seems to be falling apart, and good people I know are being laid off, I'm so thankful that both Ben and I are employed with a good nest egg just in case. What a blessing to feel safe and secure in our home and our lives at this time.

  4. Elastic waisted pants. Do I need to explain this one? I ate more than anyone else at Thanksgiving dinner and I never felt the need to unbutton my pants -- not ONCE. New Liz record.

  5. My husband. Who just keeps getting better. And despite the fact that I yelled at him last night for putting the butter in the refrigerator with the lid off, he knows its just my hormones talking and STILL loves me. Whew.

  6. Pottery Barn Baby. I've always been one of those people that browse at Pottery Barn, but don't buy... things just always seem a tad bit too expensive for me there. But ah jeez... Pottery Barn Baby has the cutest wittle things that Baby E just HAS to HAVE, like that bird night light, the owl stuffed animals and the little pillow that will go so sweetly in our rocker. What, you need all my life savings AND my first born for this purchase? Why, of course Pottery Barn Baby... please, take everything I own just give me those adorable sheets and we'll call it square.

  7. Friends and family. I'll just keep saying it, but I'm so lucky to have such a great extended family and such wonderful friends.

  8. Jackson and Bad Dog for Sale. I love 'em. Both of them -- every single dirty, furry, cuddly, belly-rubbing minute I spend with them, I'm thankful for their devotion and companionship.

  9. Work holidays. What can I say but thank God for time off from work. You may be stressed, tired, angry or apathetic, but when you have a few days off from work, it is much easier to come back to the grind with a new perspective.

  10. Baby E (of course!). She keeps getting more and more active and I love to watch my tummy jump with every kick, twitch and roll. This is truly what I am MOST thankful for this holiday season.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah!! I come right after elastic waisted pants. I'm just glad I beat out that drain on our bank account PB baby.