Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Week 23

This week (and last week) Baby E was about the size of a Papaya. Which means nothing to me, but if you are a big exotic fruit fan, I'm sure this is very impressive. What is impressive to me is how crazy it is to not only FEEL her move around in there, but also actually see my stomach jump with every little kick, punch, spin and summersault. I'm pretty sure she is practicing Tae Bo in there (I know, that reference is like, SO five years ago, but yoga or pilates just doesn't fit with what I'm feeling so go with it.)

I was talking to a co-worker yesterday and she didn't want to offend me, but mentioned that the whole idea of something growing inside her and moving around totally creeps her out.

No shit it's creepy. I mean yes, miracle of life and all that, but when you lose all control of your thoughts, feelings and emotions, and your body starts to feel like it is housing a troupe of acrobats, it feels just a little unsettling. Don't get me wrong, I love the little squirt and every movement she makes gives me that warm, happy feeling, but when you get right down to it, being pregnant is an odd experience.

No comments: