Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Everything you wanted to know (or maybe not)

I recently received a forward from a friend, and while not unusual, it gave me the idea that it was a great way to post a few things about myself that you might not know. A virtual "getting to know me" if you will. So here you go, pure, unadulterated Liz. Enjoy!

What is your occupation right now? I work in public relations -- not as glamorous as it sounds, trust me -- see photo evidence below, me at 4 a.m. outside the Today Show to promote a Match.com campaign outside the Today Show.

What color are your socks right now? I'm still in bed, so no socks just yet. However, typically I wear my husband's socks, and don't really worry if they match or not, which drives him up the wall. I don't care if they are mis-matched, because I don't wear socks if they are going to show, but apparently HE cares if I've messed up all his pairs because he needs them for work. I suppose I could buy my own, but that seems like an awful lot of work and he has more than enough.

What are you listening to right now? Dex (the dog) licking himself, Ben (the husband) in the shower and the heat running.

What was the last thing you ate? Last night I had a stick of cheese before bed. What I really wanted was a slice of pie.

Last person you spoke to on the phone? Um... probably Ben. I hate the phone, literally loathe talking on it, so its very rare that I've talked to anyone else other than Ben or one of my parents. Oh, or if I'm at work, a client. Anyone else is pleased with a text or an email, so there you go.

How old are you today? A lady never tells. Okay damn it, I'm 28.

What is your favorite sport to watch on TV? Football. I can take or leave any other sport, but I love me some NFL

What is your favorite drink? In another life I'd say red or white wine, but its been so long since that has appealed to me, I'll say iced tea. And now I'm sad.

Have you ever dyed your hair? Sure, blond highlights as long as I can remember. Then the occasional rebellion/stupid mistake where I'd go either really dark or red. And then regret it. Right now, my hair is my (GASP) natural color, a kind of light brown/dirty dark blond.

Favorite Food? You are asking a pregnant woman about her favorite food. I could talk (type) for hours. Right now anything with sugar will do, and then things that are spicy, like Mexican food.

What is the last movie you watched? Pineapple Express. Eh-- entertaining I guess, but sometimes you just get a little tired of how STUPID these people are.

Favorite day of the year? Halloween. My birthday is the day before, and its just the time of the year that ushers in Fall, my favorite season. It always marks the start of my favorite three months of the year.

How do you vent anger? I'm verbal (and loud) so while it varies, I yell, curse, cry or any combination of the three.

What was your favorite toy as a child? Hm. Probably my She-Ra tent. I liked to play pretend a lot, so dolls, etc. didn't do much for me.

What is your favorite season? Fall, Halloween through the end of the year.

Cherries or Blueberries? Yum. Both please.

Living arrangements? Ben and I live with two dogs who rule our lives and are about to welcome a tiny bitty baby girl in March who will rule the entire household AND our lives AND our bank accounts, so things are about to change a wee bit.

When was the last time you cried? Again, pregnant here. I think I cried during the last Extreme Home Makeover.

What is on the floor of your closet? Shoes, pre-pregnancy clothes I can't wear right now, dry cleaning bags, and whatever other junk I've thrown in there. It is slightly scary.

What did you do last night? Went to dinner with Ben then laid in bed and tried to make him talk to me. After he almost fell asleep twice, we got up and watched Family Guy and HGTV for an hour and went back to bed.

What are you most afraid of? Making the wrong decision

Favorite dog breed? Mutts. But border collie, lab, aussie, golden retriever type mutts

How many states have you lived in? Two: Oklahoma and Texas

Diamonds or pearls? Diamonds. But I won't say no to pearls.

No comments: