Monday, September 1, 2008

We are pregnant!

Okay - the secret is out - we are pregnant! Today is Labor Day 2008 and I am officially 11 weeks along. I was having awful morning sickness and was tired all the time, luckily that is starting to pass and I'm feeling alive again.



Ben is being extremely supportive, picking up housework even when it is my turn to do the dishes or laundry b/c he knows how bad I feel. He is also makes sure that I never forget my vitamins and is starting to walk the neighborhood with me so I can get some exercise.



We are so blessed.



We went to see the doctor at nine weeks, and got to see the baby for the first time. It was amazing - we could see its heart beating and it even waved its arms and legs at us! Ben and I both got a little choked up to see our baby look so baby-like already. So young, yet already a little tiny person.



I'm finally getting to tell people and it is such a great feeling. I hate secrets, so in just a few more weeks, everyone should know (work, family, etc.) We can't wait to find out the sex of the baby so we can start decorating the nursery and registering for all the adorable baby stuff.



Until then though, we are going to spend our Labor Day vegging out in our back yard. Ben just bought a new grill and it setting it up as we speak, so I'm hoping for something delicious for dinner.

No comments: