Tuesday, September 30, 2008

I don't look pregnant, just fat

So, I'm in this really depressing stage where I'm definitely fat (up 8 pounds in three months - gotta slow it down or I'm going to be a whale when I give birth!) but not looking like I have a bun in the oven. It is miserable. Plus, I'm only a third of the way through my pregnancy and have already burned up nearly half the weight I'm supposed to gain. I'm only supposed to gain 25 pounds. Really? Is that realistic?? Lets analyze:

I've been dieting and/or watching what I eat since puberty - so for a good 15 years, I've tried to limit my intake of sugar, fatty foods, etc. (minus a few years for college - of course). Now, all of a sudden, those diet drinks are off limits, my body is constantly asking for carbs and cheese, no veggies thank you, and suddenly, I'm inexplicably drawn to anything with a high sugar content.

Add that to the fact that I rarely want to do anything but sleep and exercise is low on my list of "to-dos" and there is a possibility I'll tip the scales at 300 pounds come the joyous birth.

I had all of these weight realizations this morning, after which I ate two pop-tarts and had a breakfast burrito (don't judge me). Then I went to lunch where I sensibly ordered a salad, and ate the chicken, cheese, tortilla chips, ranch dressing and avacado and picked around the lettuce. I gave myself an "A" for effort.

No comments: