Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Family is my kryptonite



Well, suck. I all up and gave myself a great big pat on the back last week for my stellar dieting, and then disaster struck.

A family get-together.

This week, we had family in town one night, and then traveled to Houston for a big family weekend with the in-laws (shout-out to Oakley for his baptism this week from a proud Aunt and godmother). That is a total of FOUR out of seven days spent with people who aren't dieting -- and for anyone who has ever counted calories or something similar, you KNOW that spells F.A.I.L.

I did the best I could, but there were definitely cheat days. Nearly as many cheat days as good days. The good news however is that I STILL was able to maintain my new weight. The bad news, I am no closer to my goal.

On a happy note, I had a great time with my family. I also discovered and cooked some pretty amazing meals over the last two weeks that are going to be regulars around my house. A to-die for low-fat crustless quiche, baked pesto chicken, cauliflower "mashed potatoes" and no tortilla fajitas with black beans. Yum!

My family, my kryptonite. We are one good-looking bunch, no? 

3 comments:

Nikki said...

I have to give you props for not gaining. It is so hard to avoid food when the family gets together.

Heather of the EO said...

One good looking bunch indeed. And now I want to know more about tortilla-less fajitas. I love me some fajitas.

And whenever I'm at my mom's I cannot stop eating. Cannot. Just saying.

Anonymous said...

Excellent way of describing, and fastidious paragraph to obtain facts about my presentation topic, which
i am going to convey in institution of higher education.