Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Early morning pep talk

My morning conversation with my always tactful husband, before heading to my old office to meet with a bunch of co-workers from my past life:

Me: Seriously, I can not believe how big this zit is, how embarrassing.

Ben: Haha, your co-workers will think I beat you.

Silence.

Ben: You know, because it looks like you have a black eye.

Silence.

Me: So my zit is so big it looks like I have a black eye?

Silence.

Ben: Uh, no, its just because its so CLOSE to your eye. And big.

Silence.

Me: You suck.

Ben: Sorry.

Me: You think I'm not already feeling crappy about this huge zit on my face without being told it looks like a BLACK EYE?

Ben: Sorry.

Me: So its so big it looks like a black eye, huh?

Ben: Sorry.

Me: You really know how to make someone feel good about themselves.

Ben: Sorry.

Silence.

Ben: Besides your black eye, you look really pretty.

Silence.

Me: You suck.

2 comments:

Nikki said...

Men never know the right thing to say. If it makes you feel any better he always made fun of my big lips and nose.

Jim, Holly and Madelyn Gillentine said...

I didn't even notice. I think you looked GREAT today!